As of fan of fantasy and comedy, I was elated to see the premier of Krod Mondoon and the Sword of Fire on Comedy Central last night. Overall the show was very funny and I hope I can see more. I’ve got a few notes for the writers as well as some thoughts and since everyone expects my opinion, I have them here.
1. Magicians that Can’t Cast Magic Aren’t Funny: Seriously, that shits not funny and it’s been played out. I don’t need to see more Orko jokes rehashed.
2. Speaking of Magicians, Less Cris Tucker Impersonations Please: I can’t stand Chris Tucker and I don’t need a watered down one either.
3. The Head Villain is Hilarious: In fact, he’s more funny than the Krod which is kind of a problem.
4. A Gay Guy Named Bruce: Seriously?
5. The Fact that I Like This Guarantees It’s Cancellation: Shit, this happens to me all the time. A new show comes on that’s quirky and based in sci-fi or fantasy and it lasts about five seconds.
6. Holy Swords on Fire, Aneka is Hot: I really hope to see India de Beaufort in more things after the show gets canned (see #4), preferably completely nude on the internet.
7. Horse Raping: It’s funny, I don’t care who you are.
8. More!: Seriously, there needs to be more Krod Mandoon. Nerds, unite and watch this show!