In another segment of my super late coverage of the Avenger’s movie, I thought I’d share my opinions on the biggest film in the universe. Why are my opinions so important that they need to be on a blog post? Because I’m a thought leader. I lead thoughts. YOUR thoughts!
Anyway, to preserve anyone who hasn’t seen the film, I’ll display my thoughts (good and bad) via bullet point style after the jump!
Things that I loved:
- The interactions between heroes like Cap and Iron Man, Hulk and Iron Man, etc. It was really well written and acted. Everyone’s personalities were captured and worked well with and against each other.
- Hulk. Man, as much as I liked Norton’s Hulk (and I did also like Bana’s Hulk), Ruffalo was such a great part of Avengers. More Ruffelo Hulk!
- Captain America being all captain America. I think I liked him more in Avengers than I did in the Captain America movie, however his suit was awful Avengers. This is the one time I’m glad a mask came off in a superhero film.
- Cap deflecting an energy beam. It was such a small moment, but so awesome to see in live action.
- Rag doll scene. So smashingly great.
- Seeing how Hawkeye’s arrows worked. I believe that there was some sort of device similar to Hawkeye’s arrowhead switcher in the classic Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe. It was neat to see it in action and helped explained how he could switch different types of arrows so quickly… though 99% of them were explosive.
- Maria Hill. She had a much bigger part than I thought she was and she was awesome.\
- The Shield Heli-carrier. It was fantastic to see a live action version of the heli-carrier… even though every time in any media aside comic books the thing will crash. Okay, so it didn’t exactly crash this time, the heli-carrier has to be one of the most unreliable forms of transportation in all of comics.
Things I did not love:
- When Hulk first appears, why in the hell does he start attacking Black Widow? It made no sense. And then later on Banner turns and he’s automatically at their side.
- Why didn’t black Widow get to shoot crap out of her wrists? It’s not any less belieavble than a man shooting arrows at aliens.
- Agent Coulsen’s death. I get why it happened, but it also felt like, “Hey, we gotta at least kill somebody.”
- More trick arrows! Come on, where was the net arrow or a sticky blob arrow for Hawkeye?
- I’m not a huge fan of the superheroes having a misunderstanding so they fight scene. It worked better in The Avengers than it has in other media, but it’s so standard and boring over all. Why is it that whenever there’s a new team up the heroes have to fight with each other first?
- No Thor V… for the ladies. Certainly not for me.
- There was not a single shot of Scar Joe’s cleavage in a slightly unzipped Black Widow uniform. FOR SHAME!