Well, I figure I don’t have much else to post about the Chicago Comic Con (except I did want to talk about an artist I got a cool Supergirl print from. If you’re reading this, I lost your card. Post a comment with your site so I can talk about you!), so here’s some final thoughts distilled in bullet points for the hard of thinking.
* Dear Tony Moore: I didn’t know that the Coheed and Cambria graphic novel I had Jacon give to you to sign was in such bad shape. I’m really not this weird. Matty’s van ruined it, I swear!
* It’s a real shame that DC and Marvel didn’t have booths. WTF is up with that?
* Speaking of which, how is it that Shocker Toys had a booth, but not Mattel or Hasbro, or hell any of the other toy makers aside from Shocker and Tonner. Don’t get me wrong, I liked seeing Shocker and Tonner there and I know there were a few other toy makers, but it’s just so strange to see nothing from the bigger companies.
* And man, I really need to get me a Dick Tracy figure from Shocker Toys. I know they had the black and whites available, but I need color action figures. I hope they make other old timey figures like this. Please Shocker do me a solid and make The Shadow? That Tick looks pretty damned good too.
* The Battlestar Galactica Q & A was not ruined by retarded fans (as they often are), but by the hot air escaping Admiral Adama himself, Edward James Olmos.
* It was great meeting up with fellow Wumbers. Not that they read this blog, but it was still cool.
* Seeing Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek fame was cool, but I didn’t feel like paying for an autograph.
* Perhaps the worst nerd moment that I saw at the show was when a dealer had to explain to a troll that the Wonder Twins toys had been available at the San Diego Comic Con. The troll didn’t get that once the convention was over they weren’t being sold by Mattel because SDCC is over. Need I point how odd it is that this guy should have understood how this works because he’s at a fucking convention? Worse yet is after the dealer was done talking to the guy, he reached up and touched the breasts of the female Wonder Twin action figure.
* I don’t get the whole appeal of the Suicide Girls. I guess I’m too wholesome. I like more cute I suppose and less, “Hey I’m super alternative look at me.” Sorry, kids.
* Saturday was busy like Saturdays are at cons, but it was like a million degrees in some parts of the floor. I literally saw a guy in a stormtrooper costume have his armor melt off and a Ghostbuster burst into flames. Okay, I just made that up, but it was fucking hot.
*Finally on a personal note, it was really fun hanging out with my friend Bri-Bri. Dude knows how to look for cheap Star Trek figures. It was also cool to hang out with the rest of the group, like Jacon, Seaknigge, McFumunda, Breakfastkid, and J-Rod. We almost didn’t need a convention for having teh funs.